Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wonderful Wednesdays, edition 2

More things I like:
1. Dual computer monitors. We just got these at work. Westlaw on one screen, memo on the other. It doesn't get any better than that, people.
2. Rice cookers. I didn't bring my rice cooker with me to Texas. I discovered I couldn't live without one, so I bought a $9.99 version at Walgreens. Perfect rice every time, with no judgment calls. If you are cooking your rice in a pot to save $9.99, you are a sucker.
3. The Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution. There's been a crime. You have the guy who did it. You know he did it. He may even admit that he did it. But we let him go anyway! What an amazing dedication to principle.
4. Suburban running tracks.
I have taken up running again. I do this about once a year. This time, I'm running on a track at the local junior high. It is wonderful! It's easy on my feet and safe after dark--I ran tonight after 8 pm without a single worry of being mugged. The suburbs are growing on me.









5. Altoids.
They are curiously strong.

2 comments:

Ann said...

You say the suburbs are growing on you like you didn't grow up in a suburb. Your parents live on a cul-de-sac. Life doesn't get more suburban than that.

Scarlet Panda said...

Oh, yes, I grew up in the suburbs. But I didn't LIKE the suburbs when I was growing up. I've spent my adult life seeking out urban neighborhoods and looking on the suburbs with some disdain. But my mind is changing.

Actually, I don't live in a suburb now, but San Antonio is a sprawling sun belt type of city where it's kind of all "suburb."